Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Test Drives

Test drove two cars over the weekend. Both Miatas. One was the new 2 litre and the other was a one year old 1.8 litre.

Does anyone REALLY need a Miata or is it one of those that fall squarely in the WANT category?

Haven't decided if I should or shouldn't yet. Yeah, they were much, much cheaper in NY but there was no way I was going to risk driving a light, low, small car in the winter on icy roads. Driving in the snow freaked me out enough as it was.

Had dinner last night with a couple of people I worked with 9 years ago. (Curry soft shell crab at Thai Express. Yummy. That place is great for a semi-fast food / chain joint - not as good at the no air-con laksa/ kway teow places on East Coast Rd - but they're two different things). Been otherwise catching up with various people and it's been great. There's something to be said for friends whom you know will be there for you but wouldn't hesitate for a second to let you know when you're full of shite.

I guess that's the thing about being a nomad. It's not the physical location but the people around you that populate your map.

1 comment:

Eugene Cox said...

Hmm..... don't know about a Miata, but I decided that a bright red Mini Cooper S Convertible was was a 'need' so I bought one :-)